The Mechanisms of Cellular Membrane Remodeling lab (https://shnyrovalab.wixsite.com/website) at the Biofisika Institute (https://www.biofisika.org/en) is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team as a PhD student in the field of membrane biophysics.
Our lab is dedicated to investigating the intricate mechanisms underlying membrane biology. We are committed to pushing the boundaries of scientific knowledge and making significant contributions to the field. Our lab offers a collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment, where team members are encouraged to explore innovative ideas and conduct high-impact research.
As a PhD student, you will have the unique opportunity to unravel the fundamental processes involved in shaping and remodeling cellular membranes. Working closely with a team of experienced researchers and faculty members, you will conduct cutting-edge experiments utilizing advanced imaging techniques and molecular approaches. Your research will shed light on the mechanisms governing membrane dynamics and potentially contribute to the development of novel therapeutic strategies.
• Master's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field (e.g., Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Physics
• Strong academic background with a minimum final grade average of 79% or equivalent
• Solid knowledge of membrane biology and cellular processes
• Proficiency in English
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication abilities
• Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively
• Passion for scientific research and a desire to make significant contributions to the field
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications are invited to apply by submitting the following documents:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV) highlighting your educational background, research experience, and publications (if any)
2. A cover letter expressing your research interests, motivation to join our lab, and career goals
3. Academic transcripts from your previous degrees
Please email your application materials to anna.shnyrova en ehu.eus before June 10th, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
Financial Support: The successful candidate will be eligible for a competitive university stipend throughout the duration of the PhD program. Additional funding opportunities, such as scholarships and grants, may also be available